☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 c-2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tspgrated lemon peel
3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
4 cpecans, in pieces
1/4 cwhipping cream
How to Make WILLIAMSBURG INN PECAN BARS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
grease a 17 X 11" jelly roll pan.
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter till fluffly.
Add sugar and beat well. Beat in eggs and lemon peel.
Stir together flour and baking powder; stir into mixture.
- Line the bottom and sides of greased pan with dough.
Prick dough at 1" intervals.
Bake for 12 to 15 mins. and is about halve baked.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and honey; cook and stir over medium heat till sugar melts.
Then boil vigorously, uncovered, for 3 mins.
Stir in pecans and whipping cream.
Spread evenly over halved-baked sugar dough, usung a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Return to oven and bake for 12 to 15 mins, till doug is nicely browned.
- Cool in pan on rack.
Cit into 1 X 1 1/2" bars.