White Chocolate Creme Brulee
Anthony Nicometi Jr
How to Make White Chocolate Creme Brulee
- Combine Sugar and Egg yolks in a mixing bowl. And whisk until Light in color, and ribbon stage is achieved.
- Scald your heavy cream in a small sauce pot (Just below simmering point)
- Now temper your hot cream into the egg mixture while Constantly mixing
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave until completely melted, and mix into the custard until thoroughly combined.
- Strain your custard to remove any bits of egg or solidified chocolate.
- Pour into Ramekins of choice, and place in a baking dish with high sides.
- Fill the dish with Boiling water, Halfway up the Ramekins, and bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 mins (Exactly 19 mins in my oven)
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- top each with 1T or so of Sugar, and brulee with a small blowtorch. If you don't have a blowtorch, Pop under the broiler for 2-4 minutes until the sugar is dark and caramelized
- Crack the sweet shell on top, and enjoy immediately! :)