Ultimate Crispy Bars
How to Make Ultimate Crispy Bars
- Melt 1 cup margarine on stove and add both packages of marshmallows and stir until melted. Add cereal and mix until cereal is completely coated.
- Press 1/2 cereal mixture onto a greased jelly roll pan.
- Melt 1/2 cup margarine, s.c. milk, and caramels and stir until smooth. Spread caramel sauce over the first layer of cereal mixture in the pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips and spread over the caramel layer.
- Finish by adding the remaining cereal mixture for the final layer.
- * Helpful Hints *
- You don't have to use all the caramel sauce. It also works well on ice cream and for dipping apples.
- Instead of melting the chocolate chips first, you can just sprinkle them on the hot caramel layer... let the caramel do the work for you.
- I would recommend preparing the cereal mixture in two sittings. The mallows are not always very forgiving after they've sat for a bit waiting for the other layers to form, and it may be a bit impossible to spread the second layer of the cereal mix on if it's not warm.
- Let the caramel/chocolate layer/s cool and set up a bit before adding the final layer. This stuff gets gooey. Same goes after it's completely "put together" - you'll have an ooey gooey mess on your hands if you don't let the caramel set up before you try to cut in to these.
Enjoy! But don't eat too many, they are VERY VERY rich!