☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1puff pastry sheet, thawed
2egg yolks (or 1 whole egg)
2 Tbspcorn starch
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1/2 tspraspberry extract
1drop red food coloring
How to Make Tompouce
- Heat oven to 400F. Cut puff pastry into 8 pieces.
- Place pastry in baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, or until it turns light brown. Take out of oven and cool down.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar and cornstarch for 3 minutes or until foamy.
- Heat milk and vanilla extract on low temperature.
- Add 2 Tbsp milk to the egg mixture and mix for a short time.
- Place egg mixture in hot milk and whisk until thickened.
- Remove from heat and place in refrigerator to cool, it will be like pudding or thick custard.
- To make icing, combine the powdered sugar, orange juice and milk. Add a drop of red food coloring and bear or stir until blended.
- To serve:
Glaze the icing on top of 4 pieces of pastry.
- Spread custard filling on the other 4 pieces of pastry.
- Place a piece of glazed pastry on top of custard filling (if desired, you may add whipped cream). Now ready to serve!