Toffee Apple Cheesecake (Caramel Apple)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/4 ctoasted walnuts (i used pecans), slivered
1/3 cmargarine, melted
16 ozcream cheese, softened
14 ozsweetened condensed milk
1/2 cfrozen apple juice, thawed (the concentrate, not water added)
1/2 ccored, peeled and chopped apple
1/2 ccaramel ice cream topping
2 mediumred apples, cored and sliced
How to Make Toffee Apple Cheesecake (Caramel Apple)
- Combine walnuts and flour, stir in butter and press into bottom and a little up the sides of a 9" springform pan. Beat cream cheese fluffy, add condensed milk gradually, then apple juice (or 1/4 c apple juice and 1/4 c apple brandy). Add eggs and beat on low until blended. Stir in chopped apple, pour into pan and place on cookie sheet in case it overflows. Bake at 375 degrees until center is nearly set when shaken.
8" pan bakes 45-50 min.
9" pan bake 35-40 min.
- Cool on wire rack 15 min, loosen crust from side of pan and cool an additional 30 min. Remove sides and cool completely.
- Poach apple slices in boiling water for 1 min or until soft and drain. Chill cheesecake and apples (not topped on the cheesecake yet) at least 4 hours or overnight, overnight is best.
Just before serving, arrange apple slices on top of cheesecake and drizzle with warmed caramel topping.
- Note: I also added some additional pecans to the top, chopped up so as to be easier to eat.
- To toast the nuts, spread in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees 11 min or until golden, stirring twice during that baking time. Be very careful to ensure the nuts don't burn!