How to Make TIRAMISU
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar, 1 tablespoon espresso, and cognac for 2-3 minutes. Add the mascarpone cheese and beat for 4-5 minutes longer. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with a pich of sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into the mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Pour remaining espresso into a shallow dish. Quickly dip one side of lady finger into espresso. DO NOT SATURATE. DIP QUICKLY.
- Turn moistened side up and place lady finger in a 13x9 inch serving dish. Continue until you have a layer of ladyfingers. (USE HALF)
- Gently spoon half of the marcarpone cheese mixture on the lady fingers and spread. Sprinkle half the cocoa over cheese. Use a small strainer.
- Repeat ladyfingers, cheese and cocoa. Cover dessert and refrigerate at least an hour or overnight.