- 12oz box vanilla wafers
- 1/2 c
- pine nuts
- 3/4 c
- unsalted butter(1-1/2 sticks) melted
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- fresh lime juice
- 5 large
- egg yolks,plus 2 egg whites
- (14oz) can sweetened condenced milk
- 1 Tbsp
- agave nectar or honey,for drizzling (optional)
How to Make Tequila Bars
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Pulse the wafers and pine nuts in a food processor until well ground up.Add butter & blend until evenly mixed.
Set aside 1/4 cup of crumbs; press the rest evenly into a 9" X 13" baking pan.
bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 2In a medium bowl, thoroughly whisk together the tequila, lime juice,egg yolks and condensed milk.
- 3In another medium bowl, beat egg whites and sugar with an electric mixer until they hold soft peaks.
gently fold the egg whites into the tequila mixture.
Spread the filling evenly over the crust and bake 25 minutes; cool.
Sprinkle the reserved crumbs on top.
Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight before cutting.
Drizzle with agave nectar or honey if desired.