Sweet Potato Doughnuts "Bonuelos"
Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These little tasty bites are just perfect for a snack on a fall afternoon or even for a few quick bites on a busy morning. They're moist on the inside with a slight crunch on the outside. Dust them with some powdered sugar and watch 'em disappear! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Sweet Potato Doughnuts "Bonuelos"
- 1Boil sweet potatoes until soft. Smash or puree in a separate bowl.
- 2Mix sweet potatoes with the sugar and then sift flour in and also your baking powder.
- 3Use your deep fryer or a large deep pot. Heat 1qt. of oil on Medium high to medium heat.
- 4Shape into 1 inch size balls and drop into hot deep fryer. Let cook on all sides until golden brown.
- 5Remove from oil and you're done. Enjoy
with your morning coffee if you have leftovers... :-)