Sweet Italian Nut Roll
1 cmilk; warmed
1 cwater; warmed
1/4 lbbutter (salted); melted
3 largeeggs; slightly beaten
1 lbwalnuts; ground fine
1 stickbutter (salted)
How to Make Sweet Italian Nut Roll
- Add yeast to milk and water. Mix with 3 cups of the flour. Let stand for 1/2 hour. Add the remainder of the flour, eggs, sugar, butter, and salt. Knead until elastic (about 4 minutes). Let rise 2 hours until doubled in bulk.
- Heat the ingredients for the filling together, blend well and let cool.
- When dough is through rising, divide into 5 or 6 equal parts. Let rest on floured board for 15 minutes.
- Roll out in long pieces, as if for jelly roll. Lay down your filling to cover dough completely and roll up.
- Put on greased cookie sheets, seam side down (2-3) per pan; tuck ends under to seal. Let rise again, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- ADDED NOTE: Nuts should be very finely chopped. Best way to achieve this is by using a food processor.