Sugar Free Coconut Pie Bars
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 csugar substitute
2 tspgrated orange rind
1/4 cfresh orange juice
3 cunsweetened flaked coconut, divided
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Sugar Free Coconut Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter in a large mixer bowl, gradually add sugar, beat well.
- Add eggs, orange rind, juice and 2 cups coconut; stir well.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, mix well and stir into creamed mixture.
- Lightly grease and flour a 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking pan. Spread batter into pan. Batter will be very thick. I find it easier to spread with dampened fingers.
- Mix a tablespoon of sweetener with the remaining cup of coconut. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan; cut into squares.