STRAWBERRY KANTEN (JAPANESE DESSERT)
Jo Anne Sugimoto
Agar-Agar is readily available at most health food stores in the asian section.
Most of all, it's delicious and taste great!
How to Make STRAWBERRY KANTEN (JAPANESE DESSERT)
- In a saucepan, combine the agar flakes and one pint of apple juice, allow the agar flakes to soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash the berries.
- Puree the berries with the remaining apple juice and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Bring the agar-apple juice mixture to a boil then turn down heat and simmer, stirring frequently until all agar is dissolved.
- Allow the juice mixture to cool slightly and then pour it into the blender with the pureed berries. Blend just enough to combine.
- Pour contents of blender into a medium-sized glass baking dish or a mold or individual parfait cups and allow to cool in the refrigerator until the kanten sets up.