STRAWBERRY KANTEN (JAPANESE DESSERT)
Jo Anne Sugimoto
Agar-Agar is readily available at most health food stores in the asian section.
Most of all, it's delicious and taste great!
- 1 qt
- apple juice
- 1/4 c
- agar flakes
- 1 pt
- berries, your choice
- 2 Tbsp
- maple syrup (optional)
How to Make STRAWBERRY KANTEN (JAPANESE DESSERT)
- 1In a saucepan, combine the agar flakes and one pint of apple juice, allow the agar flakes to soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2Wash the berries.
- 3Puree the berries with the remaining apple juice and maple syrup. Set aside.
- 4Bring the agar-apple juice mixture to a boil then turn down heat and simmer, stirring frequently until all agar is dissolved.
- 5Allow the juice mixture to cool slightly and then pour it into the blender with the pureed berries. Blend just enough to combine.
- 6Pour contents of blender into a medium-sized glass baking dish or a mold or individual parfait cups and allow to cool in the refrigerator until the kanten sets up.