1 boxcake mix, butter flavor
1 cfrozen strawberries
2 boxcheesecake pudding mix
1 smallphiladelphia cream cheese(plain or strawberry)
2 qtcool whip
1 ptfresh strawberries (for garnish)
How to Make Strawberry Dump Cake
- First, when following the directions on the box of pudding, follow them as though you're only making one box of pudding, rather than two.
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding, cream cheese and about a cup of frozen stawberries.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for the duration of cooking time for the cake and the cake cool-down.
- Follow the directions on the box for the cake, instead of adding oil, like some boxes recommend, I rely on the juices from the frozen strawberries.
- Pour the cake batter into a large and deep cake pan. 12x18 works as long as it's a little deep.
- After baking, place cake in fridge for about a half hour.
- Now that the cake is nice and cool, and the topping is thick from setting, pour the topping from the bowl onto the cake, spreading it out as you go.
- Cut the tops off of the fresh strawberries, and place them upside down on the top at your discretion.