Strawberry and Chocolate Brownie Trifle
Blue Ribbon Recipe
A trifle is always a great dessert, but the cream layer makes this exceptional. Mascarpone is decadent, and adding balsamic takes it to a next level. I love the chocolate, strawberry, and balsamic flavors. It's a great combination! It's impressive to present and easy to make! The Test Kitchen
3 qtfresh strawberries, sliced
1 boxbrownie mix (I get the one with chocolate chunks and walnuts)
2 pkgmascarpone cheese
1 ptheavy whipping cream
2 Tbspvanilla extract
4 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Strawberry and Chocolate Brownie Trifle
- Slice the strawberries then stir in 1/3 cup of sugar. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Prepare the brownies as directed on the box. Cool completely and then cut into 1 inch squares.
- Beat the mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, vanilla, vinegar and 1 cup of sugar until thickened. Cover and chill.
- To assemble place 1/3 of brownie squares in the bottom of a 2 qt trifle dish, then cream mixture.
- With a slotted spoon top cream mixture with strawberries. Repeat, finishing with the cream mixture on top.
- Garnish the top with halved strawberries coated with sugar and mint sprigs (optional).
- Chill until ready to serve.