Strawberry Amaretto Patries
Easy to prepare, yet looks impressive and tastes even better!
- pkg (17.3 oz) frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- cup sliced almonds, divided
- tbsp granulated sugar
- container (8 oz) sour cream
- cup powdered sugar
- tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2
- cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- large strawberries, sliced
How to Make Strawberry Amaretto Patries
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F. Unfold pastry dough onto large bar pan. Finely chop half of the almonds. Combine chopped almonds and sugar and sprinkle evenly over surface of dough. Lightly press almond mixture into dough.
- 2Cut dough lengthwise into three strips; cut strips crosswise into four squares for a total of 12 squares. Separate squares evenly over surface of pan. Bake 16-18 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove from pan to cooling rack to cool completely.
- 3Meanwhile, place remaining alonds in saute' pan. Cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally; remove from heat and cool completely. Coarsley chop almonds and set aside.
- 4Whisk sour cream, powdered sugar and almond extract in batter bowl. Fold in whipped tipping. Slice strawberries.
- 5Split open each pastry square; arrange half of the strawberries into bottom of each shell. Top each with about 2 heaping tablespoons of the filling and sprinkle with chopped almonds. Top with remaining sliced strawberries. Zest orange over strawberries. Place tops of pastry shells over filling. Serve immediately.
- 6Hint: If you're using the Large Bar Pan stoneware piece, place it in the bottom third of your oven for more even cooking.