State Fair Red Candy Apples
How to Make State Fair Red Candy Apples
- 1Grease 2 cookie sheets. Wash and dry apples and put popsickle sticks in them and have them ready to be dipped into the hot candy.
- 2Spray a large pot with cooking spray.Put a candy thermometer on side of pot(do not let it touch bottom). On high temperature, mix all ingrediants, STIRRING CONSTANTLY(this will take awhile).Allow temperature to reach 277 degrees(or soft crack). DO NOT OVERCOOK.You know candy is ready when it forms a ball when a little dropped in a glass of cool water.
- 3Immediately remove from heat. And start dipping apples in the HOT candy.BE CAREFULL, THE CANDY IS EXTREMELY HOT!!!After dipping apples in candy, swirl apple around to keep candy on apple and let the apple drip for a few seconds and put them on the greased cookie sheets.WORK FAST, as the hot liquid as it cools will get hard.
- 4When finished dipping all the apples, make sure you put some HOT water in your pot and get the candy out as soon as possable, or you will have a big mess. Also clean all candy drippings, spoons, etc. This candy when dry, dries like glue.
- 5If you want to cool fast, put in refrigerator for a few minutes. But do not store in refrigerator, because the candy will slide right off the apple. Keep in airtight container when hard or wrap in wax paper.