Southern Lemon Straws
1 cgranulated sugar
1 Tbsplemon juice concentrate
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspgrated lemon rind
2 1/2 ccake flour
3 ozcream cheese, room temperature
·few drops of yellow food coloring
How to Make Southern Lemon Straws
- Blend together butter and cream cheese; add sugar and cream thoroughly until fluffy.
- Combine egg, lemon juice, lemon rind and yellow food coloring. Add to butter mixture until well blended.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together; add to creamed mixture. Mix until well blended. Place dough in refrigerator, and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Force 2-inch ribbon strips through cookie press onto ungreased baking sheets and bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- We have dusted these with Powdered sugar.. Also, with crushed lemon drops.. The finer they are crushed,the better they are!!!