Sour apple cupcakes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 1/2 csour apple vodka
12green taffy candies (tootsie rolls or laffy taffy type)
1 can(s)white frosting
1/2 to 1 csour apple pucker
2 to 3 cpowdered sugar
·red and green food coloring
·red and green sugar crystals
·thin pretzel sticks
How to Make Sour apple cupcakes
- Mix cake mix, vodka, eggs and oil. Scoop into papered cupcake pans. Bake at 350 for about 12 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit about 2 min then turn out to cool on rack.
- Mix frosting with sour apple pucker and add powdered sugar until sort of thick spreading consistency. Divide and color red or green as desired. Frost cupcakes with knife, creating slight indentation in the center.
- Place red or green sugar crystals in a bowl. Carefully roll tops of frosting in one color. You can reshape any malformations by carefully pushing against the sugar.
- Cut the taffy or tootsie roll candies into small pieces, shape into leaves by squeezing between finger and thumb. Place one or two leaves on top of cupcake, then half a pretzel stick on top between them, pushing down to catch the leaves against it. Make some slightly off center to give variety.
- While there is not enough alcohol to create a buzz you might still want to warn people just in case someone is sensitive to alcohol or is epileptic or any other alcohol issues.