- tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2
- cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- tablespoons (1) stick unsalted butter
- ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- cup packed light brown sugar
- cup white sugar
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- teaspoon salt
- large eggs
- cup all- purpose flour
- cups large marshmallows
How to Make S'MORE BROWNIES
- 1Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and heat oven to 325 Degrees. Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with foil so it hangs over edges by about 1 inch.
- 2For the crust: Lightly butter the foil with some of the melted butter. Stir the rest of the butter together with the crumbs, sugar, and salt in medium bowl.
- 3Press the crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan. Bake until golden brown about 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, make the brownie. Put butter and chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl. Melt in microwave on 75 percent power for 2 minutes. Stir, and microwave again until completely melted about 2 minutes more.
Alternatively, put butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Bring saucepan filled with 1 inch or so of water to a very slow simmer, set the bowl on the pan without touching the water. Stir occasionally until melted. Stir the light brown sugar and white sugars, vanilla and salt into the melted chocolate. Add eggs and beat vigorously to make a thick and glossy batter. Add the flour and stir until just incorporated.
- 5Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the top is crispy and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean, with a few crumbs, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven and carefully position rack about 6 inches from the broiler and preheat on low. Layer marshmallows across the top and toast under the broiler until golden, ( keep an eye on it, it can go quick), about 2 minutes.
Cool on rack, gently removing the brownies from the pan using aluminum foil flaps. Carefully separate any marshmallow from the foil and fold away. Cut into 12 2 inch squares.