★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 clite corn syrup (light color)
1 cpeanut butter
6 crice krispies cereal
1 cchocolate chips
1 cbutterscotch chips
How to Make Scotcheroos
- 1.Combine sugar and syrup in a three quart saucepan. Cook this over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in peanut butter and mix well.
4. Add all the Rice Krispies and stir til well blended.
5. Press this mixture into a buttered 9 X 13 pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together over hot NOT boiling water, stirring til well blended. Remove from heat; spread evenly over Rice Krispie mixture. Cool til firm. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 48 bars (or less) depending on how you cut them.