- 1 1/2 pkg
- saltine crackers (1.5 sleeves)
- 1 pkg
- nestle morsals
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, light
- crushed pretzels and or peanuts about 1/4 cup
How to Make Saltine Toffee
- 1Arrange 1 sleeve of saltines in a baking sheet so that there are no gaps. Crush remaining 1/2 sleeve and set aside. Melt butter and brown sugar in microwave until boiling.
- 2Pour butter and brown sugar over crackers. Bake at 350 for 5 minutues or until bubbly. Remove from oven and cool 1 min. Pour chocolate chips over crackers and allow to melt. Spread with a spatula. Sprinkle with peanuts or pretzels and remaining crackers.
- 3Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and then break up crackers into desired sizes. Can be stored in sealed container without refrigeration up to one week.