- ! box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 c butter, soft
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 c mini marshmallows
- 2/3 c white corn syrup
- 1/4 c butter
- 2 c butterscotch morsels (11 oz. bag)
- 2 c rice crispies
- 2 c salted peanuts
- 2 tsp. vanills extract
How to Make Salted Peanut Bars!
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients into a crumbly mixture and press into the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 pan. (Metal works best)
Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
Don't turn off the oven!
- 2Distribute the marshmallows over the top and return to the oven until they are nicely puffed.
Remove from oven. Turn off oven. :-)
- 3Meanwhile in a medium saucepan melt the 1/4c butter, add the butterscotch morsels and corn syrup and over me.-low stir until morsels are melted. Add the vanilla. stir.
Stir in rice crispies and nuts. Plop this mixture to the best of your ability all over the puffed marshmallows.
- 4Now place the pan in the refrigerator! A metal pan cools off faster than glass.
It needs to cool down, so you can cut them, but not so cold that they wont cut. :-0 ( It took about 35 minutes for me.
Now cut them into bars. If they keep running together , put them back in the fridge.it helps to dip your knife into hot water when cutting.