1 cnon-dairy butter or margarine (cold)
1 8-oz pkgnon-dairy cream cheese
2 cunbleached flour
1/3 cnon-dairy sour crean
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 Tbspground cinnamon
1 cfinely chopped walnuts
1/2 cfinely chopped raisins
1 cfruit jam or preserves (apricot, strawberry or raspberry)
How to Make Rugelach
- Cut the butter/margarine in small pieces. In a food processor add the flour, salt, butter, cream cheese and sour cream. Process until crumbly.
- Shape the mixture into 4 discs of the same size. Wrap each in stretch wrap and refrigerate for 2hours to 2 days.
- When you are ready to make the rugelach preheat the oven to 350'F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and raisins.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll each disk into a 9 inch round. Keep the other disks in the fridge until you are ready to roll each one out.
- Spread each disk with a layer of the jam. Divide the sugar/nut filling among each disk and press lightly into the jam.
- Using a very sharp knife, or pizza cutter divide each rolled out disk into 12 equal parts, like cutting a pie.
- Roll each of the pieces from the outer edge to the middle. Place on the prepared pans (point side down) keeping a little space between each, they do spread a little.
- Bake on the center rack in the oven for 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an air tight container. They freeze well and keep for two months.