Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
How to Make Rosette
- 1Sift flour before measuring. Mix water, cornstarch, eggs, sugar and vanilla together. Stir slowly into flour, then beat until smooth with rotary beater or electric beater at medium speed.
- 2Prepare the batter. Add approximately 2" oil in a deep fryer or sauce pan. Heat to 365 F.
- 3Attach rosette mold to handle. Immerse mold into the hot oil until thoroughly heated. Lift mold out, shake excess oil or blot on paper towel.
- 4Dip mold into batter, BUT ONLY until it covers 3/4 up the side on the mold. IMPORTANT! Do NOT cover entire mold with batter.
- 5Dip the mold-battered into the hot oil. As soon as the rosette begin to turn golden, lift the mold, and let the rosette drop into the hot oil.
- 6Sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste, or use or cinnamon and granulated or brown sugar, or fill with your favorite garnishment.