Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
If you're serving ice cream, try vanilla ice cream with red candy sprinkles or a drizzle of grenadine syrup.
- 1 tsp
- 1 oz
- red food coloring
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb
- betty crocker® rich & creamy cream cheese frosting
How to Make Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. To make red food color paint, in small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon water and 3 to 4 drops of the food color; set aside.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 1/4 cups water, the oil, eggs and remaining food color in bottle with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 3Bake and cool completely as directed on box for cupcakes.
- 4Bake and cool completely as directed on box for cupcakes.