How to Make Raspberry Soufflé
- 1Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- 2Butter the insides of six 1/2 cup ramekins.
- 3Puree raspberries in a blender or food processor, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds. You should yield about 1/2 cup after straining.
- 4Add 2 teaspoons sugar to the strained puree and set aside.
- 5In a mixer, beat four egg whites until they begin to thicken. Continue to beat the whites while you slowly add 1/4 cup sugar. Mix until egg whites form stiff peaks and are glossy.
- 6Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the puree and slowly fold in. Continue by adding the remaining egg whites, folding in until no white streaks remain.
- 7Spoon the souffle batter into the ramekins, filling to the top and leveling off with the back of a spatula.
- 8Place filled ramekins on a baking sheet and bake on a rack positioned in the bottom 1/3 of the oven.
- 9Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the souffle rises 1/2? above the rim.
- 10Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the souffle rises 1/2? above the rim.
- 11Serve immediately with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.