Raspberry Chocolate Chip Meringue Kisses
NOTE: Cook Time does not include the 1 hour the kisses need to set up in the oven after baking.
·3 egg whites (room temperature)
·1/8 teaspoon salt
·3 ½ teaspoons raspberry gelatin (half a small box)
·¾ cup sugar
·1 teaspoon vinegar
·drop or two of red food coloring (optional)
·1 cup miniature chocolate bits
How to Make Raspberry Chocolate Chip Meringue Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 250° F. Line at least two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a mixer to beat the egg whites with the salt until foamy; adding in the raspberry gelatin and sugar gradually. Beat until stiff peaks form and the sugar is dissolved. Add and beat in food coloring until depth of color desired, is reached. Gently stir in the vinegar. Fold in the chocolate bits.
- Drop the by teaspoons full onto the baking sheets. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven off but leave the kisses in the oven, without opening the door for 60 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and loosen from the parchment paper.
- Store in air tight containers or place in cellophane gift bags to hand out at parties.