Rainbow Jello Mold
How to Make Rainbow Jello Mold
- PLEASE NOTE IN INGREDIENTS I LISTED 5-6 BOXES OF JELLO. IF YOUR FIRST COLOR COVERS THE BOTTOM OF YOUR MOLD AS DEEP AS YOU WANT, YOU WILL ONLY NEED FIVE BOXES OF ASSORTED COLORS. IF IT DOES NOT COVER THE BOTTOM OF THE MOLD - YOU WILL NEED 2 BOXES OF YOUR FIRST COLOR. HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE.
- Dissolve one box of Jello in 1 cup boiling water. Divide it into 2 containers. Add 1/3 cup sour cream to one container and set it aside on counter, not in the fridge.
- Pour the remaining container of plain Jello into the mold.(I used a bundt pan sprayed with Pam). Make sure this layer covers the bottom, if not - use the additional box mentioned above.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes (make sure it is level). When it is set, pour the remaining 1/2 of the same Jello color (with the sour cream added) over the plain layer in the mold. Pour (Very Carefully) so as to not disturb the set Jello. Put back into freezer for 30 mins to chill.
- Repeat above steps with remaining colors of Jello until complete. (Optional: Top with a very thin layer of Whip Cream Topping.) I suggest leaving it in the fridge overnight before unmolding.
- Carefully invert the mold onto serving platter. If it does not fall out immediately, dip the mold in warm water.
- Serving Tip: Cut the unmolded Jello with a knife dipped in warm water for each slice.