Rainbow Cake Jello Shots
1 3/4 cprepared lemonade
4envelopes plain gelatin
1 1/4 ccake flavored vodka*
2 Tbspsweetened condensed milk
·liquid food colorings
·cake frosting (i used the one in an aerosol can)
·* whipped cream or vanilla vodka can be used. also add a small amount of amaretto.
How to Make Rainbow Cake Jello Shots
- Pour the lemonade into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let sit for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Heat over a low flame, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Make certain gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and, with a whisk, stir in vodka and sweetened condensed milk.
- In six small bowls, pour 1/2 cup of mixture into each. Add several drops of food coloring to each until desired color is achieved. (For rainbow, use red, orange, yellow, blue, green and purple.)
- Spray silicone mini muffin pans with Pam and then wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Spoon 3/4 teaspoon of red into the bottom of each muffin cup. Refrigerate until set but still somewhat sticky. (10-15 minutes). Repeat with remaining colors. These will set up in less time than the red.
- Refrigerate overnight. To serve, run a knife or small spatula around the outside of each and pop them out.
- Right before serving, garnish with a small dollop of frosting and rainbow sprinkles.