Rainbow Cake Jello Shots
- 1 3/4 c
- prepared lemonade
- envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 1/4 c
- cake flavored vodka*
- 2 Tbsp
- sweetened condensed milk
- liquid food colorings
- cake frosting (i used the one in an aerosol can)
- colored sprinkles
- * whipped cream or vanilla vodka can be used. also add a small amount of amaretto.
How to Make Rainbow Cake Jello Shots
- 1Pour the lemonade into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let sit for a couple of minutes to soften.
- 2Heat over a low flame, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Make certain gelatin has completely dissolved.
- 3Remove from the heat and, with a whisk, stir in vodka and sweetened condensed milk.
- 4In six small bowls, pour 1/2 cup of mixture into each. Add several drops of food coloring to each until desired color is achieved. (For rainbow, use red, orange, yellow, blue, green and purple.)
- 5Spray silicone mini muffin pans with Pam and then wipe clean with a paper towel.
- 6Spoon 3/4 teaspoon of red into the bottom of each muffin cup. Refrigerate until set but still somewhat sticky. (10-15 minutes). Repeat with remaining colors. These will set up in less time than the red.
- 7Refrigerate overnight. To serve, run a knife or small spatula around the outside of each and pop them out.
- 8Right before serving, garnish with a small dollop of frosting and rainbow sprinkles.