Quick Cream Puffs
One day, one of my dear daughters mentioned that she needed to take a treat associated with another country to school for International Day. Mom went rooting around in the cabinets, grabbed some ingredients, and came up with these yummy treats.
Later, my sister, Kathy, told me that she had once taught Mom to make these Cream Puffs, but they were French, not Irish. Kathy also used a homemade filling.
Irish or French, just one more reason to miss Mom... =^..^=
1 stickbutter or margarine
1 call-purpose flour
8 ozcontainer of extra creamy cool whip, or any cool whip
1 pkgfrench vanilla instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
How to Make Quick Cream Puffs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter & water to a rolling boil. Add the flour & stir over LOW heat for about 1 minute, until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat. Beat with a mixer to quickly cool, then add eggs, mixing until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture onto ungreased baking sheets, making 18 puffs.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes, until browned. Remove puffs to cooling racks immediately. Cool until puffs are barely warm.
- Stir together the cool whip & dry pudding mix.
- Slice off the top of each puff & remove any unbaked dough inside. (It happens.) Spoon in some filling and replace the top. Repeat for each puff.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate until ready to eat.