Quick Crescent Baklava
How to Make Quick Crescent Baklava
- 1Unroll 1 can Crescent Rolls into 2 long rectangles. Place in UN-GREASED 13" x 9" pan; press over bottom and 1/2-inch up sides to form bottom crust. Finally, press perforations to seal. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 2In a Large Bowl, combine Walnuts, Sugar, & Cinnamon, mix well. Spoon Walnut Mixture evenly over partially baked crust.
- 3Separate remaining can of Crescent Rolls into 2 long rectangles. Place over Walnut Mixture; press out to edges of pan.
- 4Now the put on the thinking cap part. I recall I had to look for my thinking cap. With tip of a sharp knife, score the dough with 5 lengths & 7 diagonal markings to form 28 Diamond-Shaped pieces.
- 5In a small saucepan, combine all the Glaze Ingredients. (sugar, honey, butter or margarine, & lemon juice). Bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- 6Spoon HALF OF THE GLAZE evenly over crescent dough top. Bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon remaining glaze evenly over HOT BAKLAVA. Cool completely. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Cut into Diamond-Shape pieces using where you scored earlier as your guide.