★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 3 large
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 2/3 c
- canned pure pumpkin
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 c
- toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1-8 oz
- cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Pumpkin Roll
- 1Heat oven to 350 F.
Lightly coat a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-in. jelly roll pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment, leaving an overhang on two sides; coat the parchment with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, pumpkin, flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups walnuts and baked until the cake is puffed and a wooden pink inserted in the center comes out clean, 10-15 minutes.
- 3Let the cake stand for 5 minutes, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of walnuts over the top.
Place a clean kitchen towel directly on top,then a baking sheet on top of that. Invert the cake,then remove the pan and parchment.
Starting from a long side, gently roll up the cake with the towel. Place seam side down on a wire rack and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4When ready to assemble, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until combined. Beat in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Carefully unroll the cake, leaving it on the towel (there may be some cracking). Spread with the cream cheese filling, reroll into a log and transfer to a servers platter.
This was so moist!