Pumpkin Pie Twists
8-oz can(s)crescent rolls
1/2 cuppumpkin puree
3 Tbspbutter, melted
3 tsppumpkin pie spice
2 Tbspvery finely chopped pecans (optional)
1/4 cupunsalted butter, softened
1/4 cupcream cheese, softened
1 cupconfectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Twists
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into 4 dough rectangles. Lay 2 of the dough squares flat on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the pumpkin puree on the 2 dough rectangles. Sprinkle the finely chopped pecans (if using) over the pumpkin layer. Top each with one of the remaining 2 dough sheets and pinch edges together.
- Brush the top dough sheet with the melted butter, and sprinkle with a light dusting of pumpkin pie spice. Cut both rectangles into 6 strips each. Twist each strip two to three times. Bake about 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Remove baking sheet from oven, and let cool 2 minutes on pan, then remove to cooling rack to cool until easy to handle.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Fill a pastry bag (or zip-lock bag with one lower corner snipped off) with the cream cheese icing. Squeeze the pastry bag to pipe a thin drizzle of icing on each pumpkin pie twist, and serve.
They'll last at room temperature about 2 or 3 days if stored in an air-tight container.