Pumpkin Pie Crunch
My friends enjoy this pumpkin dessert year round. I stock up on cannned pumpkin whenever it's on sale. so I can make it often.
It's tasty without the pecans too if you have allergies.
29 ozcanned pumpkin (not pumkin pie mix)
3 Tbsppumpkin pie spice
2 can(s)evaporated milk
1 1/2-2 boxyellow cake mix dry
1 1/2-2 cchopped pecans
2 cbutter melted
·whipped cream or topping
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Crunch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In mixer on low speed combine the first 6 ingredients mix well.
- Pour into greased 11x15" pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix(es)* over pumpkin mixture.Do not stir.
*use 1 and 1/2 boxes for thinner top crunchy layer.
*use 2 boxes for thick top crunchy layer.
- Sprinkle pecans over dry cake mix layer.
- Drizzle melted butter all over the top of pecans and cake mix.
- Bake 1 hr or until golden brown and center is set.
- Cool completely. serve with whipped cream or topping.
Store in fridge. This can be made a day or two in advance.