Pumpkin Pie Crunch
My friends enjoy this pumpkin dessert year round. I stock up on cannned pumpkin whenever it's on sale. so I can make it often.
It's tasty without the pecans too if you have allergies.
- 29 oz
- canned pumpkin (not pumkin pie mix)
- 3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 2 can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2-2 box
- yellow cake mix dry
- 1 1/2-2 c
- chopped pecans
- 2 c
- butter melted
- whipped cream or topping
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Crunch
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In mixer on low speed combine the first 6 ingredients mix well.
- 2Pour into greased 11x15" pan.
- 3Sprinkle dry cake mix(es)* over pumpkin mixture.Do not stir.
*use 1 and 1/2 boxes for thinner top crunchy layer.
*use 2 boxes for thick top crunchy layer.
- 4Sprinkle pecans over dry cake mix layer.
- 5Drizzle melted butter all over the top of pecans and cake mix.
- 6Bake 1 hr or until golden brown and center is set.
- 7Cool completely. serve with whipped cream or topping.
Store in fridge. This can be made a day or two in advance.