★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 call purpose flour
2 tsppumpkin pie spice
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 c1 stick unsalted butter room temp
2/3 cbrown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 ccanned pumpkin puree
1 1/4 cwhite chocolate chips (dark, milk or cinnamon chips may be substituted)
How to Make Pumpkin Chip Squares
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin-pie spice, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add pumpkin puree, then mix until incorporated, (mixture may appear curdled and that's okay). Reduce speed to low, and mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips by hand, reserving the other 1/4 cup for the top of the bar
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Immediately after removing the pan from the oven, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips over the top of the pumpkin bars, gently pressing them into the top, being careful not to burn yourself.
- Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting into squares and serving.