Pumpkin Butterscotch Fudge Bars
1 call purpose flour
1 cquick oats
3/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cchopped walnuts, divided
1/2 cflaked coconut
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 1/4 tsppumpkin pie spice, divided
3/4 cunsalted butter, melted
2 Tbspunsalted butter
5 ozevaporated milk
1/2 cpure packed pumpkin
1/4 tspkosher salt
2 cmini marshmallows
11 ozbutterscotch morsals
How to Make Pumpkin Butterscotch Fudge Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan with foil.
- For Cookie Base:
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, coconut, baking soda, 1/2 c. walnuts and 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
- Stir in melted butter and mix well.
- Press into the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For the fudge: In a medium heavy duty sauce pan, combine butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin, sugar, 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
- Boil, stirring constantly for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, morsels, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour this mixture over the cookie base. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- Refrigerate until firm before cutting into bars.