How to Make Pignolata
- 1Dough: Put flour on a board, make a well in center, break eggs into the well, add salt. Work flour, eggs, and salt together, knead for 10 to 15 minutes till dough is soft and smooth and a little shiny. Make into ball
- 2Cover ball of dough with a bowl and let set for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Slice off pieces and roll into pencil size pieces then cut into little pieces roll into balls in your hands. Put on a board lightly dusted with flour..When you have them all cut and rolled, deep fry till golden they will look like corn pops. Place in large bowl.
- 4Honey Glaze: In large sauce pan, over low heat cook for 5 minutes. Cook Honey and sugar, stirring constantly. When sugar is dissolved, remove from heat.
- 5Pour over your fried balls mix till all are well coated with the honey mixture. Turn out on large platter. Dampen your hands and shape with your hands into wreath or logs and such. Garnish with Candy sprinkles, or candy balls, or Pinons..