Pecan shortbread bars
2 1/4 stickbutter, salted
1 3/4 cbrown sugar, light
3 call purpose flour
1 stickbutter, unsalted
3/4 cmaple syrup
1 clight brown sugar
1/4 cheavy cream
2 1/2 cchopped pecans
How to Make Pecan shortbread bars
- With a standup mixer, cream softened salted butter.
- Add 1 3/4 cups light brown sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Add 3 cups of flour, one cup at a time.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper. Press dough into prepared dish. Chill for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake shortbread for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees. In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter. Add remaining light brown sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Add maple syrup and heavy cream stirring continuously. Bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add vanilla and pecans.
- Pour mixture evenly over shortbread. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Refrigerate leftovers