★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 c
- honey graham cereal
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chocolate chips - milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or peanut butter
How to Make Peanut Butter & Chocolate Squares
- 1In a food processor or blender, crush the cereal to a fine texture.
- 2Mix peanut butter and margarine. Mix the crushed cereal into the mixture. Mix in the powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time. Mixture may look a bit crumbly.
- 3Press mixture firmly into ungreased 13x9x2 pan.
- 4Melt shortening and chips together in a small microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave 15 seconds more if needed until all chips are melted and smooth.
- 5Spread chocolate over peanut butter mixture. Chill until chocolate sets, about 1/2 hour. Remove the pan from refrigerator and let the pan sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Store in airtight container (if there are any left to store).