Peanut Butter Chews
How to Make Peanut Butter Chews
- 1Measure out the 5 & 1/2 cups of corn flakes into a large bowl and set aside. Get two muffin pans and line with cupcake papers.
- 2In the microwave, in large glass measuring cup or small bowl, melt the 2/3 cup of brown sugar and white corn syrup. Set timer for a minute, stir and repeat until the ingredients are well incorporated. (This can all be done on the stove top in a pot, same directions apply.)
- 3Remove from the microwave and stir in the 1 cup of peanut butter until it melts and is well incorporated and smooth.
- 4Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cornflakes. Stir until the corn flakes are well coated.
- 5Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the corn flake mixture into the muffin tins. Let cool and enjoy. You should get between 20-22 "chews". These do not get hard, they "set" and can be eaten within the hour.
- 6If you want the "chews" dryer, add more cornflakes, if you want them softer, lessen the cornflakes. The amounts given here makes them "just right". Enjoy!!