Party Glass Block Jello
Several other ladies have similar recipes that are a layered jello here on JAP...I will link this recipe to their recipes for all to enjoy.
4 box3 ounce each, flavored jello (berry blue, lime, orange, cherry) or your own choice of flavors
4 cboiling water (divided into 1 cup each)
1 can(s)14 ounce size, sweetened condensed milk
2envelopes of knox gelatin (or any unflavored gelatin brand)
1/2 ccold water
1 1/2 cboiling water
How to Make Party Glass Block Jello
- Spray 4 small containers with non stick spray. Use containers such as tupperware/rubbermaid/gladware, be sure they are small like 6x6 or 8x4 size containers. Anything bigger will make the your cubes way too thin. Set aside after spraying.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Combine 1 cup boiling water with one 3 ounce package of jello, stir until dissolved. Place the dissolved jello in one of the prepared containers. Repeat with all remaining boxes of jello placing in individual containers. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or more.
- When jello has set, bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil. While the water is heating; sprinkle 2 packets of the unflavored gelatin (knox) over 1/2 cup of cold water. Allow to stand for about 4 minutes. When the other 1 1/2 cups of water begins to boil pour over unflavored gelatin mixture and stir to combine. Add sweetened consdensed milk and mix well. Allow to come to room temperature.... DO NOT REFRIGERATE this mixture. You want it at room temperature when pouring over jello cubes.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Carefully cut the colored jello into cubes and gently toss to combine colors in the 9x13 glass pan. Pour the cooled milk mixture over the colored cubes of jello, and if necessary, rearrange some of the colored jello to make sure it is evenly distributed and not sticking out of the white mixture.
- Place pan in refrigerator to chill at least 8 hours and is completely firm to touch and cut into serving sizes. Overnight works the best, if possible.
- Cut with a very sharp knife into squares, rectangles, triangles or with various cookie cutters. These can be served topped with any whipping cream or cool whipped including those that are flavored.