★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/3 cup
- skim milk
- .25 ounce envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 cup
- heavy cream
- 1/2 cup
- white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract or your favorite flavor
How to Make Panna Cotta
- 1pour 1/3 cup milk into small bowl, and stir in the gelatin powder. Set aside.
- 2In a saucepan, stir together the heavy cream and sugar, and set over medium heat. Bring to a full boil, watching carefully, as the cream will quickly rise to the top of the pan. Pour the gelatin and milk into the cream, stirring until completely dissolved. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and pour into six individual ramekin dishes.
- 3Cool the ramekins uncovered at room temperature. When cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 4Serve with fruit or hot fudge. I have used coffee, chocolate, coconut, almond, rum and strawberry flavorings. You can also use coconut milk, almond milk, rice milk instead of dairy. Experimenting is fun.