Orange Glazed Crullers
Some during rising, just wouldn't re-twist, some while frying.
I like a bit stronger orange flavor in my baking so I added just a dash of extract to the glaze.
They were a real hit with Hubby's work crew, & him. I really hope you enjoy.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
11/4 oz. pkg yeast
1/4 cwarm water
3/4 cwarm milk
·oil for deep frying
3 Tbsporange juice
1 tspgrated orange peel
How to Make Orange Glazed Crullers
- In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, butter,sugar, salt, & eggs. Mix well.
- Beat in 2 cups flour until smooth. Add remaining flour. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover & chill overnight. Punch down dough, divide in half. Return one portion to fridge.
- On floured surface roll out second portion into a 18" x 9" rectangle. Cut widthwise into 3/4 inch strips. Fold each strip in half lengthwise & twist several times. Pinch ends to seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover, let rise til almost doubled, about 35-45 mins.
- In electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry crullers a few at a time, until golden. About one minute on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine glaze ingredients and brush over warm crullers.