I know some the recipes are really lacking in some or all areas, but I am posting them as they are in the cookbook
★★★★★ 1 vote5
50light candy caramels
1/2 cevaporated milk
2 call purpose flour
2 cquick-cooking oats
1 1/2 c(firmly packed) brown sugar
1 cbutter, melted
1 csemisweet chocolate pieces
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Oatmeal Carmelitas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt caramels in milk in heavy saucepan; cool slightly and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except chocolate pieces and pecans in large mixing bowl.
- Press half the crumbs into bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with chocolate pieces and pecans.
- Spread carefully with caramel mixture; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Chill 1 to 2 hours; cut into bars.
Mrs. Ruby Bateman, Pres.
Bethel II Church of God LWBW
Bethel, North Carolina