Nutty Apple Crisp
★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 cthinly sliced apples, cored and peeled
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 call-purpose flour
1/2 crolled oats
1 clight brown sugar, packed
3/4 tspnutmeg, ground
1/2 cbutter or margerine, softened
1 cwalnuts, coarsely chopped
How to Make Nutty Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss apples with lemon juice and water in a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt; mix to blend throughly.
- Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; mix in walnuts.
- Crumble over apples to cover completely.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.