★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 c
- finely, chopped walnuts
- eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- chilled, heavy cream, whipped
How to Make Nut Torte
- 1Heat oven to 325. Grease a 9-inch square pan. In a medium size bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Stir in chopped nuts.
- 2In a small bowl, beat egg yolks and 6 tablespoons of the sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Fold into flour/nut mixture with rubber spatula.
- 3In small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold gently into egg/flour mixture.
- 4Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-50 minutes or until top springs back lightly when touched with finger. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares and top with whipped cream.