How to Make No-Bake Fruity Pebbles Trees
- 1Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- 2Combine corn syrup and sugar in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes until sugar is dissolved and mixture is just starting to boil around the edges. OR cook in large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup white chocolate chips and vanilla and stir until completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- 3Pour over cereal in a large bowl and stir to coat completely. Pour into prepared pan; moisten hands with cold tap water and pat firmly in place.
- 4Cool at least 30 minutes. Lift foil from pan and place on large cutting board. Cut in half horizontally to create 2 long rectangles. Diagonally cut off corners and then cut remaining into equal sized triangles (trees), alternating direction. Place trees on waxed paper.
- 5Place remaining white chocolate chips and shortening in a small resealable plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM (70%) for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes until just melted. Cut off a small portion of one corner. Squirt a small amount of chocolate onto candy and press against tree as a stump. Drizzle remaining chocolate over the trees as "garland".