New York-Style Cheesecake Mousse
- 1- 8 oz
- package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- grated lemon peel
- 3/4 c
- heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- sliced fresh strawberries, optional
How to Make New York-Style Cheesecake Mousse
- 1In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, vanilla and lemon peel until fluffy. Fold in the whipped cream. Divide among 12 dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2Meanwhile, combine cracker crumbs and sugar in a small bowl; add butter and mix well. Press to a 1/4-in thickness on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes until light golden brown. Cool completely.
- 3Just before serving, crumble graham cracker mixture; sprinkle over mousse. If desired, top with fresh strawberries.