☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cunsalted butter
5 Tbspcocoa powder, unsweetened
1 3/4 cgraham cracker crumbs
1 ccoconut, sweetened
1/2 calmonds, finely chopped
1/2 cunsalted butter, room temperature
2 Tbspvanilla custard powder
2 cpowdered sugar
4 ozsemisweet chocolate (4 squares)
2 Tbspunsalted butter
How to Make Nanaimo Bars
- For 1st Layer:
Place butter, sugar and cocoa powder in double boiler over barely simmering water.
- Stir occasionally until melted.
- Add egg and stir to cook and thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in graham wafer crumbs, coconut and almonds.
- Press firmly in ungreased 8-inch square pan. Chill.
- For 2nd layer:
Cream together butter, cream and custard powder together in bowl.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread over first layer. Chill.
- For Icing:
Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler over barely simmering water (or in microwave).
- Stir to combine.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spread evenly over 2nd layer with spatula. Chill.
- Cut into bars.
- MAKES: 16-24 bars