My Lemon English Trifle
One day when we had unexpected company for dinner I came up with this recipe.
Luckly I had all the ingredients on hand.
- left over sunshine cake, pound cake, or angel food cake (stale)
- lemon curd...see my recipe for easy pezzy lemon curd or lemon meringue pie
- birds eye custard, follow the directs on package to make
- lemon zest
- heavy cream, whipped with a little powdered sugar
- blueberries, fresh
- strawberries, fresh
- raspberry preserves, seedless or use the lemon meyer jelly if you have made some and have some on hand
- pure lemon or vanilla extract
- limoncello, plus sugar and cooked down into a syrup
Make a good lemon curd and set aside to cool.
Tear the cake into bite size pieces and place on tray. Place on oven on lowest light, so as to lightly dry out.
Whip the heavy cream with a little powder sugar, Lemon zest and tad of Pure Lemon or vanilla extract.
If you don't have children...add some Limoncello cooked down on a low light with little sugar to make a syrup and drizzle the syrup on the first and second layer of cake.