Mom's 1950s Pink Jello Cheesecake
It doesn't have to be pink. My sister, Becky, would only eat the lemon flavor. If you prefer a different color or flavor, just switch the flavor of Jello you use.
- 3/4 c
- melted butter or margarine
- squares graham crackers, crushed
- 1 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- 1 box
- strawberry jello (or use lemon, lime, or other flavor)
- 1 c
- boiling water
- (8 ounce) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- 1 2/3 c
- evaporated milk, chilled in the can in the refrigerator overnight
How to Make Mom's 1950s Pink Jello Cheesecake
- 1For crust: Mix together and pat into bottom of a 9 by 13 inch pan. Save a few crumbs for the top of the cheesecake if you like.
- 2For Filling: Mix Jello with 1 cup boiling water. Beat in cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. In a separate bowl whip evaporated milk until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheesecake mixture. Pour all into crust lining 9 by 13 pan. If you saved a few crumbs for the topping sprinkle them on top now. Chill until firmly set. You can serve with whipped cream if you like.